Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hole



Holes, actually. Two of them. I think I've seen more of our (former) basement in the last two days than I did in five years of living in the house. The risk in going into the basement is that I could see a snake, and then we'd have to move. Probably out of state. I prefer to live upstairs, safe in the knowledge that no snake has ever crossed the threshold.

So, here is the former foundation. It was supposed to be our future foundation too, but apparently it is too lame. So we will have a pretty new foundation, which will, unfortunately, cost twice as much as sprucing up the old one (Boo). But Jeff will have a fresh concrete Manland in our new house. I will be happy to know that while I am enjoying my fabulous new house, the basement I never go into will be prettier. It will also have the fringe benefit of holding up the house way better than the old one.

But, more exciting than all this foundation talk??? Check out the pictures of the pull-chain toilet uncovered in the basement demo and clear-out. First time I ever saw it. Awesome. The secrets of old houses, eh? I can live without the secrets this toilet may have held, though. Finding this in the wall (actually behind an old weird door I never opened)? Even better than if we'd found old stock certificates behind the walls. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment